Tuesday, November 10, 2009

a dream

It happens every time we visit a home that is larger than our. I start to dream about a house that would better accommodate all of us. A house that would have updated plumbing, electric and more than one bathroom. I do not NEED for any more house than I have and I know this. A bit more space and some updates would really make our lives a lot easier, though.


I love the look of this house! Houses that look like this are a dime a dozen in North Carlina. Here in South Central Texas, we are hard pressed to find anything remotely close.

The color palette of this living room makes me weak in the knees. I love light, neutral colors. Not the most ideal for small children, but that's why God made Oxi Clean.

I have this image stored on my computer. I have a document with hundreds of images of different rooms that I love. Poor Mark is probably sick of me sending him images throughout the day with the subject "do you think we could do this with our house?" He always says "yes", just to be nice :)
*
I know that, someday, we will have a different house. One that we can grow with instead of one that we outgrew three years ago. I dream of the day that we have more than one bathroom and bedroom doors that actually close. Having an older home is such an experience. We are still waiting for our new foundation to settle so that we can begin to repair sheet rock and maybe knock out a wall or two. We'd like to get a second bathroom put in within the year but financially, it just doesn't look possible. Emotionally, it can be draining to live in 1100 square feet with three growing boys. Realistically, we are just fine as we are. The couple that built our house raised three boys in it and Mrs. Roeder stayed until she died - over 60 years later. One day, while sitting in our living room surrounded by boys just home from college, we'll talk about the days that we spent in our house on Schleicher St. The one bathroom, the large yard and the wonderful neighbors.




1 comment:

Kate and Geoff said...

Um. I'm in love with that kitchen. And I've ripped things out of magazines and keep them in a file for ages. Furniture, design, rooms that I love. All with the idea that I will apply them to some future home. Its fun to dream. :-)