Thursday, November 19, 2009

designing

Indulge me a bit. I could wax poetic about Palmer Weiss for days. I search the Internet for images each day - for more hours that i'll ever admit - searching for ideas on how to re-do my house. We have spacial issues, too many window issues, only one bathroom issue and well..... spacial issues. Today, the heavens parted, the rains came down and angels sang - for real. On two different searches, I came across Palmer Weiss designed rooms and they would both work in my house. After a bit of remodelling. And winning the lottery.





image found via VT Interiors
It's sad to say but we are going to take out our fireplace. It is crumbling near the roof and sometime in the 50s the size doubled and rocks were plastered to it. The backside is protruding 2 feet into our kitchen and wasting valuable space, of which we have issues. The above image is what I envision doing with the wall that separates our living room and kitchen and houses our ginormous, made for a house double the size of ours, fireplace. I'm not a fan of the fabric choices for the furniture but the layout is PERFECT for us.

image found via Palmer Weiss
This is what I would do to the furniture in the first image. Only I have three little boys so mine will be from IKEA, slip covered and cheap. BUT, when those kids are gone to college and vow never to come home again... this is the furniture that i'll have in my living room.
Back to reality..... we have no money to remodel and, once again, Mark has humored me all day as i've sent him more images of what I want our house to become. It's so nice to dream!!! I've been tackling some crafting projects... mom bought me a sewing machine for Christmas. No joke.. I can sew! Most of my crafting ideas revolve around taking what I currently own and trying to make it look like the images I find in magazines. Mark is scared.

1 comment:

Kate and Geoff said...

Oh, I love to dream about houses! LOVE both of these images and I love that the first one works for you guys. It's amazing and I LOVE all the windows.

Geoff had a late shoot last Friday and slept in on Sat morning so I had over an hour or so to myself to tear pages out of magazines over coffee - i'm keeping a file for our future (hopefully existent) house. It was heaven!