Saturday, August 29, 2009
getting over it
For those that have to deal with me on a daily basis, the fact that I am emotional is nothing new. For those that meet me for the first time, this fact is sometimes scary :). For those that talk to me about my children.... bless your hearts. I am charismatic about my children. Mostly my emotions come from my heartache at the thought that I may never be a mama and then the drama of trying to keep them in utero long enough to survive. Then having to deal with an early delivery and a 30 day stay in the NICU. I look at life differently now. No one is completely the same after children but those parents that have to endure the NICU for even one day, see and experience things that change them forever. The NY Times came out with an article about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for NICU parents. It's worth reading. I recently told someone that I truly felt that our second round in the NICU, with Nolan, exposed the wounds that we had left unattended from our stay with the twins. I am truly blessed to have happy, healthy children that have no long term effects from their premature births.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment