I have had many calls to check up on us to see if we were still living in the house after the foundation work. I am glad to say that the work is, finally, finished as of last Thursday. The work was only supposed to take 1 week and it took almost 4. I hesitate to vent about all of the crazy stuff that happened because, in the end, the company that did the work was true to their word and got it fixed. I am not that confident that the work is great but I have an engineers report that says it is up to standards. It will have to be one desperate decision to use this company again and i'm sad to say that I can not recommend them. Apparently, our house is the first in the life of the company to experience such major problems. They have a great reputation in Texas so I wish them well.
Now...... we have many cracks in the walls and baseboards that will need repair. We have to wait 3 - 6 months for all of the settling to work out before we can begin any repair. All in all, it's not that bad. The walls around the fireplace are the worst - I can see from the kitchen to the living room. I think we are going to have to take the fireplace out but it won't be all that bad. We will gain a ton of space in the kitchen and will then have one solid wall with no windows in the living room. We are thinking of taking a wall down in the kitchen and taking up the tile to replace it with hard wood. I say this like we have a ton of cash but in reality, these are projects that will take us years to accomplish. We have to be patient.
So, foundation project complete. Now on to a second bathroom.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment