Mark was expecting to have a nice weekend with the boys while I was away in KC.
Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way. Nana and I left on Thursday morning and Mark's mom,
Oma, arrived on Thursday afternoon.
Oma came prepared with tons of food and goodies for the boys. The boys were fine on
Thursday evening and ate some yummy potato soup and hot dogs. Nolan even slept well on Thursday night. At 5am, Friday morning, it all went down hill. Mark woke up to the sound of Hudson crying in the hall. He thought that he had just woken up but when he got to him, he was covered in puke. There was puke on his bed, on the floor and all over him. Mark cleaned him up and
Oma helped get the bed cleaned and the floor in the boys' bedroom cleaned. Mark prayed that it was just the food since the potato soup was rich but that was just wishful thinking. Hudson was sick all day long. The boys had their scheduled flu shots for Friday afternoon. Mark decided not to take Hudson and just took Garrett. Hudson had started to run a fever by the afternoon and he was certain that it was a virus and not from the food -
Oma was very
relieved. Garrett did great while getting his shot but soon started feeling bad also.

This is what Garrett wanted to do for the majority of the weekend. He stuck close to Mark. Both boys were running temps of about 101.5 and were cranky.

This is Hudson on Sunday - feeling a bit better and making lists with post it notes.

Garrett loves jackets with hoods. He too started to feel a bit better by Sunday.
The storage bins in the background are sings of our never ending organization project.

Nolan escaped any sickness. Mark got this shot while they were watching Bob the Builder. Mark said that Nolan stayed just like this for about 30 minutes. The boys never watched TV at this age.
I was flattered to hear that the boys missed me and asked for me. I was so sorry that Mark had to deal with so much while I was away. I'm sure that a little bit of him was grateful that I was away while suffering from the stomach virus so that there wasn't one more person to take care of. Both boys are still running temps but we are hopeful that they will be better soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment