This picture was taken a couple weeks ago when we (really it was all Mark's doing) installed this little rock patio. As you can see, we had no grass and A LOT of dirt. We put this patio in to help cut down on the dirt that the boys were digging in. It hadn't rained in almost six months and, since we are on water restrictions, decided that we would have to let the grass die in order to keep the trees and flower beds alive. It was really depressing.
Mark got the lawn mower out last evening after dinner. The smell of fresh cut grass was awesome (it was mostly weeds since the grass isn't coming back that fast but weeds smell pretty good too).
I am really looking forward to the cooler temperatures and this upcoming Holiday Season. I've been browsing the Internet trying to find fall decorating ideas. I'm already thinking about Christmas cards. It's amazing what some 90 degree days can do for you after so many over 100. We've even had one day in the low 80s. Bring it on!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment