Thursday, September 17, 2009

boys

My days are spent with boys. The only woman I encounter, on a regular basis, is my mother. I work with three men and live with four. I think that I am a better mother to boys than I would have been to girls. Maybe I feel this way because I don't have a girl. As crazy as things can get around here I'm so grateful for my boys.


This is how I get a lot accomplished. Nolan is will stay in this for hours, without uttering a sound. He absolutely loves it and so do I.

I am so blessed to have three boys that love each other. The twins are constantly including Nolan in their play and are always showering him with kisses and hugs. We thought it would be funny to let Nolan get in bed with them. Nolan just laid there and smiled. He was in heaven.

It's so incredible to see the mix of the twins in Nolan. I think he favors Garrett but there are times he looks so much like Hudson.


My favorite people. My life is so wonderful because of them.



I listened to a woman speak today about her desire to have children and her inability to have them. Her story was very hard to hear and I cried, in my office, for a long time. I haven't suffered nearly the pain that she has but I remember wanting a baby so badly and praying to God to let me have one. Just one. I am so grateful to have all three of these boys. They can make me feel like I'm losing my mind but I know that they are the best things that have ever happened to me. I am blessed to be their mother. I am not always the best mother I can be but each day I wake up and think that I'll do it better than the last.




1 comment:

A Tale of Two Stevens said...

I love reading your blogs and looking at pictures of the boys! Miss you all!