Monday, September 21, 2009
shopping = depression
I hit the mall this weekend to buy a few things for my upcoming trip for my cousin's wedding. It's sad to say, but I can't remember the last time I went shopping and took my time and spend ALL DAY looking at clothing. I'm glad to say that I found some things that I really liked and i'm so glad that my mom was willing to buy me an awesome dress. But when I got home I was a bit depressed. I couldn't believe how expensive everything was. I've been sticking close to TJ Maxx and Target lately but I still thought that I had some sort of touch with what was going on in department stores. I used to buy ridiculously expensive things when I lived in Paris. I never thought about it. If my money ran out, I just didn't eat. Really. Now, I look around and all I see are the number of boxes of Gold Fish or Wheat Thins I could buy for the price of that pair of shoes. Or how many cans of formula could be purchased with the amount of money I would spend on that dress. It's so sad. I also had to come to the realization that my body may never go back to the way it was before I got pregnant with Nolan. There is just a little more of me EVERYWHERE. I've got a long way to go before I can fit into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes. Since i have control over this, I shouldn't get upset. It's my fault that I haven't lost all of this weight. Maybe it took that nice little shopping trip to really want to get my butt in gear. Unfortunately, i'm still depressed today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I feel the exact same way. And I've never even had a baby, let alone three. It stinks.
Just to say...I know how you feel.
Kate,
Thank you. I think you are beautiful!
Shut up, you got three beautiful kids, a great husband and a roof over your head. You have the American dream. Don't ever forget how blessed you are. Just think you could have ended up like me, and that's pretty scary.
Post a Comment