Thursday, September 3, 2009

dreaming

This image made the rounds on the blogosphere several months ago, but I look at about every other day. I want a painting like this in my bedroom, above my perfectly made bed. I want matching lamps on lovely night stands.
These days, i'm lucky to get my bed made and have it stay free of clean laundry (folded or not) for more than 5 minutes. Matching lamps.... sure I have them but we can only plug one in because the room is already extension cord heaven. There are so many things that no tells you about older homes. There aren't a bazillion outlets in each room and sometimes the outlets you do have are smack in the middle of the wall - the middle as in, you can stand up and plug something directly into the wall. Oh and art work... i've tried my hand at some contemporary art.. a la finger painting kind. I'm not that bad, not really that good but someday it might be considered art.
So, until the day that I can get a bigger house and a lot of money.... this image will stay in my computer and on my mind.

No comments: