Monday, July 13, 2009

what a difference.....

..... some shutters make.

Before
After


Mark and I have had a renewed love of our house. Since it came off the market and the foundation work was scheduled, we have talked non-stop about what we want to do to the house. Unfortunately, most of the work that needs to be done isn't all that fun ie... foundation, windows, roof and a second bathroom. We really enjoy fixing up the outside areas. I've wanted shutters on the house for a few years but Mark wasn't crazy about it and we always found other things to spend the money on. I found a picture of what I wanted and e-mailed it to him last week. I then talked his ear off that evening about the shutters and told him that we could make them ourselves. I also told him that he could buy some new tools if he needed them for the project. Off to Lowes he went. I think they turned out really nice. I wanted something simple and "cottagey".
The foundation work starts on August 3rd. Please pray that our house doesn't fall down or crack in two. I'm excited to have the work done but scared about what we will be left with. We expect cracked walls, windows and tile. I am bracing myself for the worst. Once it's completed, though, we will be able to do all of the other projects that we want.


2 comments:

Kate and Geoff said...

i LOVE them. i'm obsessed with shutters and i'm convinced that they make such a huge difference. Most of the time i want people to have picked a different color than they did, btu you picked PERFECTLY. love them.

Ariel said...

Thanks Kate! We weren't sure about how large we wanted to make the shutters. I might take them down and cut them to be only as long as the actual window. It looks like our house is being swallowed by the windows :) I was pleased, though with how they turned out. I always knew that I wanted black shutters after we painted the door black. When we bought the house it was white with a red door.