This weekend Mark and I got away WITHOUT. THE. CHILDREN. Thank you a million times over to Nana for enduring our nighttime chaos alone. Mark and I had not gotten away over night, just the two of us, for about three years. Yes, three years. We have each gotten away separately but this was a long overdue getaway a deux. We headed up to big D to spend some time with CD. I miss her and her husband so much... really it's just her that I miss;)

The drive up was so nice. At one point we laughed because we realized that we have been talking to each other, without interruptions, for over an hour. It was hot but the skies were blue.

Doesn't she look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! 25 weeks with twins. At this point with the boys, I looked a bit like Jabba The Hut (not really an exaggeration - so sad). C and I joke about having parallel lives so when she found out she was having twins we laughed again, I cried a little (out of happiness) and we started chatting on the phone a lot more. I cannot wait to meet the little miss and little mister. Our husbands laughed at us when we cried as we hugged hello. I miss her so much and wish that we lived closer. I really hope that they move back to Texas, preferably within a couple hours from us, but i'm just being selfish. Visiting with C and M was the biggest reason we headed up to Dallas for the weekend. She was having a baby shower. Sorry, I only stayed for an hour - the 5 hour drive was looming.

On the way home we thought we would check out
Willie's Place. Willie Nelson has a service station on I35 that provides Bio Diesel. There is a gift shop and restaurant also. I don't know what we expected but we only stayed long enough to buy some water and hit the restrooms.

The last stretch of the trip is travelled on a two lane winding scenic road. It takes you by
Luckenbach and ranches that are so big you have no idea where they begin and end. There was a storm over Austin and this is what we saw from one of the hill tops. The sunset was spectacular on the west side but I didn't get a picture of it. The reflection in the clouds was what caught our attention. It was so nice to stop the car for something other than spilled food or drink or because someone had to pee or throw up.
*
The boys were still up when we got home. I really missed them! They were so excited to see us and tell us all about their weekend. They didn't really miss us one bit. They looked a little bigger to me and had a larger vocabulary. I couldn't wait to see Nolan, too. He was definitely bigger and now says, "mama". Yes, at 7 months he can say "dadda" and "mama". It may be just a fluke but I love it!! What a nice present to come home to. I feel a bit more grounded after having a couple days away from the daily grind. It was really nice to get to chat with my husband and have a nice
dinner and discuss all the craziness going on. Now we start "Operation Get My Kids to Sleep All Night Long" and a major house renovation starting in a couple weeks. I've got a long list of things to accomplish but nothing seems that overwhelming right now.
1 comment:
I too hope to be living much closer to you in a couple of years! Thanks for everything and especially for being such a great friend!!!
Post a Comment