As often happens, our lives get really busy really quickly. These last couple of weeks have been full. So much for getting regular blog posts up.
The week of Mother's Day, Mark and I took a "staycation". We decided to take a few days off and catch our breathes and reconnect with our kids. It was just what we all needed. I got to attend the Mother's Day tea at the boys' school. I have no pictures because I just wanted to enjoy them and not worry about getting some shots. I cried in chapel when Hudson looked at me and smiles and said, "mom, I just love you so much." That one statement has spurred on many thoughts about what i'd like to do with my future.
We took the kids to the zoo. They were so excited. We were so impressed that they could walk for over two hours and never complain about being too tired to continue on.
Even slightly more impressive than the twins walking the entire time was that Nolan sat in the stroller and never once wanted out. He just hung out the entire morning and took in the animals.
During our vacation, I decided to institute a new "family movie night." The kids loved it. I made popcorn and milkshakes and set the kids' chairs up in front of a movie. It will be a regular occurance in our house from now on.
We spent a lot of time snuggling our little guys. They were so happy to hear that Mark was going to be home so much. I think that they had really been missing their dad.
We did some work in the garden. It's doing really well again this season. Unfortunetly, we have a grub worm problem. Mark and I had never encountered a grub more than a half inch long. These are about three inches long and seriously... gross.
I'm just throwing this one in for fun. This little guy gets me about a million times a day. And for the record, he pee peed on the potty yesterday. I am so excited. Maybe our goal to have him potty trained this summer will be attainable.
We took time to really enjoy each other. It was the first time I could remember about being really excited about a vacation in a long time. I was missing my kids and my husband. I felt renewed and lot less anxious. Life can get overwhelming these days and it was nice to have the time to get the small projects finished.
I htink we'll go another staycation in the near future.
1 comment:
OMG that is not a grub that is a creature from a nother world, our grubs look exactly like those but only a 50th of that size, so gross .
Congrats on the wim
Post a Comment