Time is passing me by at lightning speed these days. I find it hard to fit everything in during the 24 hours each day gives me. I'm working on being more "present" for my family and that means that I have had to let some of my indulgences fall behind. I'm not upset about it but trying to work on a bit of balance. Sometimes being the best mom and wife means that I get lost in the mix. But, as the saying goes, "there is no "I" in team. And that we are.
Mother Nature has been bringing some amazing weather our way lately. Mark and I love to watch the storms roll in. This particular one gave us several minutes to watch as the dark came from the north. Our back yard was black and the front yard was full of light. I have to say, though, that sitting in the pantry with the boys one morning was not my cup of tea. I love thunderstorms but don't care for tornadoes.
Nana is still taking photos during the day. I love to find these pictures.
Nolan is still the happiest little guy around. His temper is rearing its ugly head a bit more than we would like but we are learning to deal with it.
These two are almost 4 years old. 4. I can't believe it. They are changing so much and it's really fun to see their personalities develop.
We've been spending as much time outdoors as possible. Since the twins are able to walk for longer distances, we took them to Lost Maples State Park. It was so much fun. I was way too ambitious in my desire to hike the entire trail - 4.6 miles- and we only got about 1/2 a mile in before we had to turn around. Nolan did great in the backpack so we'll go again with more realistic expectations :)
*
Summer officially began in our house last week when the twins finished up their first year of preschool. The end of the year program was great. As usual, Garrett was really in to the singing and Hudson... not so much.
Hudson isn't a thumb or finger sucker so i'm not quite sure what was going on here. I think he sang one song and then did this the rest of the time.
*
We have been enjoying a visit from Aunt Pam the last few weeks. We will be so sad when she goes back home. It's so nice to have a lot of family around.
We've been working in the garden and cooking a lot of fresh veggies. The kids still aren't much help but I love it. I think that next year we will expand the garden in size and variety of vegetables. We are looking forward to neighborhood dinners with meals cooked from everyone's gardens. We are also looking forward to many more days outside just being together.
3 comments:
YOU WON my contest!!!
email me!!
mrballbox329@aol.com
joni at cote de texas
Congrats Ariel- I look forward to creating a special custom keepsake for you! I am the artist - that cote de Texas featured...the artful give-away! Look forward to hearing from you!
Patricia
pve design
Ariel, I found you through Joni of course and Patricia has been so supportive of me from the start!
Congratulations!!
Karena
Art by Karena
Post a Comment