Wednesday, February 18, 2009
post partum
How long does the post partum period actually last? Mine is still going strong! I find myself very frustrated with my blood pressure issues. I'm still on medication and have been referred to an Internal Medicine specialist. My OB-GYN has no idea what to do with me. I didn't have blood pressure issues before or during the pregnancy. The day before I delivered my blood pressure was 160/95. That was the only day that we noted a problem. Without meds, my blood pressure can get as high as 169/110. Those levels make me feel horrible. My other issue is my weight - isn't it always?! I dropped 25 pounds within the first week after I delivered Nolan and then nothing since. Not even one stinking pound. I have started to walk and even jog a bit. I'm sure that my eating habits could improve but I should have lost a bit more weight by now. My OB kept telling me that I would, all of a sudden, see a dramatic weight loss and then my blood pressure would come down quickly. When is this supposed to happen?!!!!! All of this makes me want to cry. Maybe it is this feeling of being out of control of my health or the thought of having to stay on blood pressure medication for the rest of my life. Both feelings make me crazy(not good for keeping blood pressure down).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment