Thursday, February 26, 2009

notes for nana

Mark was a little taken aback to find three pages of notes for my mom. A lot has changed over this last month. She has been on vacation for the whole month so I wanted to make sure that she was prepared for all the changes. While writing out the notes, it made me laugh at all the things I have been keeping up with:
- Hudson likes to pee in his toys so that he will have "water" with which to make mud. I apparently wasn't making it outside to fill up the buckets with water in a timely manner.
- Garrett will come up to me and say "I do nothing." Of course this means that I had better stop what I was doing and see what he has done. May favorite is, "I say nothing." I'm not sure what it is he is saying that could get him in trouble.
- They love to help each other now. Hudson wants Garrett to help him get his clothes on an off. The other day, Garrett was helping Hudson pick his nose. He was successful and it was gross.
- They are more aware of body parts; theirs and mine. Gone are the days of changing my clothes and thinking that they don't notice my girl parts. They were playing "smack my boob" yesterday (not mine, theirs). They had horribly red chests before I put an end to it.
- Manners. They have some pretty sweet manners these days. They say "please" and "thank you" without having to be told. They say "please may I have...." and "may I be excused". A couple nights ago Garrett said "Thank you mom for making me dinner." Mark and I almost cried.
- Nolan smiles and giggles when I get him out of his crib in the morning. He's the best.

I asked the boys if they would like mama to stay home with them all the time and they said "no". "Nana come home?" This made me feel very good about having to go back to work. Had they said no, mom stay home, I would have been in tears. They adore their Nana and I know that she is much more fun than I am. I can't wait to see what sort of things they will try next week. They know that she doesn't know all the new rules yet :)

No comments: