Friday, February 20, 2009

just when I thought.......

I had this "master" plan for nap time today. It started out wonderfully, the day that is. Garrett slept in until 8:30 and Hudson fell asleep in a chair from 6:30 until 9:30. It would have been the best morning of my life if Nolan had been asleep but he slept for 7 straight hours last night so I really can't complain. When everyone was up, I let them watch some TV and have a light breakfast. I got Nolan down and made lunch - tuna fish today. We ate and then went outside to do some yard work (it's in the upper 70s today). The boys helped me water plants until Nolan was up again to eat... again (his diet isn't going very well). Since Hudson and Garrett normally go down for a nap around noon, staying up until 1:30 was supposed to help with staying in your bed part of the nap. I didn't hear the usual chaos that I have been hearing this week so I presumed that Hudson had finally fallen asleep in his bed. They were very tired. So tired that Garrett informed me that I needed to be quiet while I was tucking Hudson in. He told me he was trying to fall asleep. I was sitting at the computer feeling a bit disappointed that I wouldn't have a funny picture for today when I decided to take a peak. He is now three for three with this falling asleep on the floor phase. He is still holding that clothes pin too.

I will miss my days with the boys when I go back to work. My maternity leave has been wonderful. I feel like I have reconnected with the boys after many months of not feeling like their mommy. I am so grateful that my mom was there to help us out through the last few months of the pregnancy when I couldn't take care of the boys and for helping us transition into life with Nolan. Being "on my own" this month has made me quite jealous that she is the one that gets to stay home with my children and see all the funny little things that they do and see many of Nolan's "firsts". That being said, I wouldn't leave my children with anyone else and I'm grateful that I have a part time job that provides us with health insurance. If only we could win the lottery :)

No comments: