Tuesday, September 2, 2008

seasons?

I'm sure that there is some place in Texas that gets to experience all four seasons. I never really thought much about the four seasons until I was faced with only two - summer and a splash of winter. I have always been a "summer" girl. I love the sunshine and the fun activities that you get to experience during the summer. Since moving to south central Texas however, I think I might be leaning in the fall and spring directions. This may be only due to the fact that I don't get to experience fall and spring.

The kids have all gone back to school and I was so hoping that the weather would turn a bit cooler. The days are shorter but it is still hot. I am looking forward to October and November weather - shorts and long sleeved t-shirt. My baby will be born in winter - i'm so excited. I wish that my boys could see the leaves changing colors in the fall like I used to when we lived in NY. Or get to see the amazing flowers start to bloom in spring the way they did in Paris. I guess we will just have to start traveling more.

No comments: