Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Finding the time

I am very envious of women to appear to find the time to clean their homes, love on their children, love on their partners and then still have a moment for themselves. I have set out to focus more on nurturing my children - mind, body and soul. This seems to have taken up any time I have for my husband or myself. I am also struggling with nurturing the baby still growing inside while giving time to the boys. Maybe this is just a natural anxiety before the arrival of a new baby. Maybe i'm afraid that I won't be able to manage everything once we add another member to the family. Maybe I have just realized that I don't get any time to nurture myself. I'm trying to slow life down a bit and enjoy the boys as they are right now. They grow up so fast. I've also been instructed by my doctor to slow it down or I might wind up in the hospital on bed rest and an early birth (neither of which my heart can take). I still don't get the house in order before I head to bed. I don't get to spend time with my husband in the evenings because i'm exhausted and just need to go to sleep. Our cat had ear mites and arthritis and I didn't even notice! Our dog is looking a bit thin these days and we are afraid that we are forgetting to feed her from time to time. YIKES!
I'll be better tomorrow.

No comments: