"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust
On New Year's day, we took a long walk as a family. Mark and I usually resolve to lose weight or something like that but his year we took a differentt approach. There are a lot of things we want to accomplish in 2011. Most of those things will mean big changes for our family for years to come. Yes, we want to lose weight and save more money and finish the kitchen etc... But in my heart, I know that there are really important things happening in our lives. I try to be a positive person but the "light at the end of the tunnel" hasn't burned as bright as i've needed these last couple of months. I am resolving to see light in different tunnels.
our olive trees
We will be expanding our garden this year. I want to try to feed the family exclusively from our garden for 1 month. Just the vegetable part. We are planning out the area and creating additional raised beds. We are going to try some new things and see what we come up with. Wish us luck. I am learning a lot from my kids. I will strive to embrace their energy and direct it in the way most effective for learning. Instead of yelling first, I'll take a deep breath and try to see things from their perspective. You can see so much more from the roof.
I will laugh more and let go a lot. Instead of talking about the things I want to accomplish, I will put one foot in front of the other and move towards actually getting them done. Weight loss included. Yes, Nolan is in a crate with a blanket, laughing his head off.
2011 has a very positive vibe and I hope that it is truly our best year yet.
On a totally unrelated note - How did this little guy get so big?! Hudson is about 18 months old in the first photo and it really seems like it was just yesterday that he was that little.
1 comment:
You won't be surprised to hear that I like everything about these new "tunnels". Really dig the plans for the garden. (omigosh, no pun intended). If I had a yard (or even more windowsills), I would do the same thing. Very very cool. xo
Post a Comment