Saturday, March 20, 2010

bathroom update

As of today, the walls are painted and the curtain and mirror is hung.  We just have to patch some holes and put up the cabinets over the toilet.  I am so pleased with the way it turned out.

Just in case you forgot how horrible it was before:


And now:




There were so many things about this remodel that had us giddy with joy but I have to say that one of the best was our discovery that the original hardware on the doors was amazing.  I took the hardware off and put it in furniture stripper for two days.  What I found when I went to get it all out was totally unexepted.
It all had several coats of white paint on it.  It looked like I had a bucket full of shiny pennies.  Mark and I are so excited that copper was the choice for Mr. and Mrs. Roeder.  I can't wait to get to all of the door knobs in the house.  I'm thinking of changing the mirror to copper but haven't totally decided, yet.
I am so happy to have this project behind us and so happy that our kids love their nightly bathes.  Neither twin have asked to take a shower.  We are still on the fence as to which project we will tackle next but for now, project purge is keeping us very busy.  That and recovering from being sick... again. 

No comments: