Thursday, February 4, 2010

turns out

Turns out, we've been a bit under the weather around here.  Well, maybe more than just a bit.  The twins have had fevers.  Temps of 102.9 scare the living shit out of me.  I have no idea why.  I can take a lot of sickness related junk but a high temp. - it makes me want to wrap the kid up and sit in a large freezer.  This, of course, is the over reacting, dramatic side of me.  You know, the "i'm pretty freaking charismatic about my kids" part.  What's worse is that, I myself, feel like crap.  I had a headache so horrible that I thought I was going to throw up.  Now i've got so much chest congestion that I weeze when I take a deep breath.  The weird part of it all... i'm sure that no one has an ear infection so i'm not taking anyone to the doctor.  Where's the logic in that?!  I'll be back to myself soon.  I hope. Maybe we should all go to the doctor tomorrow.

I turned 34 on Tuesday, too.  Doesn't that sound a lot older than 33?  Turns out, I feel more like a 34 year old than I did a 33 year old.  What does that mean?

**update: When I got home from work, Garrett was running a fever.  Hudson was also running a fever but on the mend after a dose of Motrin.  A couple hours later, Garrett was complaining that his ear hurt.  When Mark got home from work, Garrett's ear was tender to the touch.  We took him to the Urgent Care and he has an ear infection.  So much for my logic.

2 comments:

The Weatherwaxes said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

34 is nothin', sweetheart! Wait till you've spent your 35th year saying "oh, this isn't so bad"...until you realize that 36 is officially the "upper" 30's! YIKES!

40 is the new 30, right?? Right!?!

jan said...

I knew it was someone's birthday on Tuesday. but couldn't remember whose. Happy Belated Birthday!