Call me naive, living in a bubble, a bit out of touch... whatever, but I didn't quite realize that so many American children are going hungry. I never realized that so many students missed breakfast each morning before school. I have been bombarded with articles today regarding the hunger issue facing so many of our children. It breaks my heart!
Lately, I have been thinking a lot about how lucky I am to be able to provide so much for my children. This feeling of "good fortune" is also accompanied by guilt at knowing that not every child is afforded the same opportunities that mine are. I believe that I work hard to give my children a great life but I also know that I am fortunate to have a great support system that goes above and beyond for my kids. I can't imagine the heartbreak the some mothers must face when telling their children that there is no food for breakfast.
I would love to open a non-profit to help supply clothing, toys and maybe even food for children in need. I believe that you help those who help themselves but children are the exception. You help them because they may not know that there is a better way of life than what they may be living. I'm not sure how to go about doing this but I sure would feel wonderful if I could get it done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment