Wednesday, November 12, 2008

grammar

I grew up with a bit of grammar freak - my father. He was always correcting us about the difference in using I and we. We were always very aware of correct grammar and became a bit snobbish about it. When I married my husband I couldn't stand some of the blatant grammar mistakes he made on a daily basis. It wasn't until I encountered more and more Texans that I realized that this State's English curriculum must be messed up. My kids English teachers better get ready. I believe that I may be raising grammar snobs myself. I came across an article about lie and lay and loved it! I must say that this grammar conundrum is one that I have faced many times but have never been corrected for using these words incorrectly by my father. Maybe he doesn't know how to use them either :)

No comments: