taken with iPhone
courtesy of Mark
It is just in the last couple of days that I feel like i'm coming up for air. It has been a bumpy ride these last few weeks.
The flu:
Nolan was diagnosed with the flu and life got tricky. Garrett was diagnosed with something that is very similar to the flu but didn't show a positive flu test. I got it and Hudson has a bad cold. Mark was fine. A few nights after Nolan was diagnosed he started having severe coughing attacks. He was unable to stop coughing for up to an hour and half. I got scared one evening and took him to the ER. He had RSV and the croup. To say that he was miserable would have been an understatement. I see now why the NICU staff made us so scared of RSV for the twins. I hope that none of my children are ever that sick again!
The loss:
The morning after Nolan's visit to the ER, our neighbor's son passed away in his sleep. It has been devastating for everyone. He was 35 and preparing to get married to his sweetheart of 15 years on April 2. He was on his bachelor party weekend in Colorado. We spent much of the rest of that week and all of the next trying to help our neighbors in any way that we could. It's been a humbling experience and in some ways a restoring one. Our hearts hurt so badly for the entire family but have been inspired by their faith through this tragedy.
The transition:
Three weeks ago I turned in my notice at my job. It was truly a miracle that I could do this. God opened a door and we ran right through. I have been working on a contract basis for our Public Library Foundation for several months. It's been a very positive experience and a financial help. When I mentioned that I was going to have to quit my job, the foundation said that there was plenty of work and that I may not need to worry. So far, i've decided that I just won't worry and so far, I haven't needed to. I work when the kids are asleep or occupied enough to let me work. I can also take them with me to just about everything. Answered prayers indeed. Although we are adjusting our lifestyle dramatically, I am less stressed and feel better than I have in a long time. This whole transition means that I get to take care of my kids and my family. My mom is going to have to do another round of chemo so please keep her in your prayers. This time I can help take care of her instead of worrying that she isn't taking care of herself so that she can take care of my kids.
The crazy:
The photo above sums up the state of affairs on the home front. The boys are NUTS!!! My mom was getting worn out quickly. They are really good kids but the energy is just amazing. I'm hoping to find regular activities for them this summer to help expend some of their energy. I'm also hoping that keeping them busy helps to spur some weight loss for me :)
So, we are fine. We are really fine. I'll get back to posting more regularly.
Ciao

No comments:
Post a Comment