Tuesday, March 15, 2011

little gift

It's Spring Break for the kids so we are in "vacation" mode around here.   One of my new friends invited us out to her ranch for some fun yesterday and I would say that it is a new benchmark of a "good day" for my little guys.
Garrett has been talking a lot about horses so I thought it would be fun to just get him around one.  I had no idea if they would be be scared but we were so happy to have the opportunity to see some.   It was amazing to finally see Garrett excel at something.  Hudson and Nolan had fun, but this was Garrett's day.


He hopped up on the horse - no fear.  We were a bit unsure of how much he would do but he was able to do as much as he wanted.  I think he would have stayed on the horse for hours if he could.

Tipping his hat.  Pure bliss!


Hudson got on the horse as well but he had a lot more hesitation.  He didn't ride alone and he only made a couple passes. 

After the ride, Garrett got to help with the horse.  He was told that if he was going to ride then he would have to help.  Watching him help with the horse was like watching Hudson helping Mark work in the yard.  He paid attention and did everything he was told.  He wasn't afraid of the horse at all.  After the horse was put up, Garrett got to see the barn and he was so excited!  I hope that we can get him in front of a horse again soon. 
*
After the horses she asked if we wanted to see the ponds.  I really thought we were going to just drive down and see them but she loaded up some fishing poles and off we went.  The  kids thought they were big stuff, getting to ride in the car with no seats or seat belts. 

The day was gorgeous.  The property is beautiful and so peaceful.

We didn't catch anything but I was impressed with how well the boys listened and continued casting.  We drove around to some more spots and it was such a great way to spend the day with my boys. 

Have a great day!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What fun! The last picture is a keeper (love the hats!!!)

Mrs. Kirkpatrick :)