Thursday, September 23, 2010

not alone

This mothering adventure can feel so isolating sometimes.  Couple that with trying to figure out how to do this thirty something thing and my head just spins.  Jordan summed up, almost perfectly, how life feels right now.   Trying to get it right as a mother.  Trying to get it right as a mother to boys.  Trying to feel like i'm not losing myself in the mix of mothering, being a wife, work, life.  It's exhausting in so many ways.  I just want to get it all right.  Not perfect but right.  I don't get another chance at this. 
I often get lost in my feelings of being alone on this journey.  I fear that other mothers, other women, don't have this struggle.  That other little boys might not have the same behaviors as my own.  I need more friends.  More friends with little boys, maybe. 

No comments: