Saturday, July 24, 2010

friday night fun

One of our neighbors recently got four chickens andit has created a lot of excitement for all of the kids. Some of the older kids can be seen wandering their yards for hours in search of grass hoppers and cricketts. It's really strange to see if you don't know what they are doing. The twins have just recently gotten in on the action. Since the first time they got to throw cricketts in the chicken coop,they have been obsessed. Yesterday they whined all day about collecting bugs and keeping them contained long enough to get them to the coop. Since I didn't have other plans, I decided to help in the hunt. The cricketts come out after I water so I got the hose and started hand watering our side yard. When one would pop up, Garrett would grab it. I don't know why but he gave all of his cricketts to Hudson. Hudson whined a lot about not being able to get any so apparently Garrett felt badly for him. This watering and catching went on for well over an hour. When one couldn't be caught, Garrett would man the hose and my glass of wine and I'd hunt the crickett. I actually got into the whole process.

When Mark got home he was a bit confused and a lot amused at how our Friday evening was going. We all went to the coop and fed the chickens and it was FUN. I'm not sure that I want to spend every Friday evening like this but I'll consider this evening one of our best so far.

No comments: