Wednesday, June 16, 2010

house

For all of the times that I have complained about my tiny house or talked of selling, I am sorry.  For all of the hours that we spend tending the yard and "fixing up" the house, I am proud.   

Patricia Van Essche created such an amazing watercolor of the house.  She captured every little detail, down to the individual wooden boards on the exterior.  I am blown away with how beautiful it is and feel that she captured the essence of our little dwelling.  I believe that Mr. Roeder, who built the house for his small family, would be so pleased to see this.   Thank you, Patricia, for this special gift. 

Thank you also to Joni Webb.  She chose me out of so many that admire Patricia's work.  Joni, unbeknowst to her, has played a role in helping me mend my family woes and now has given me such an amazing gift.  Joni, you don't know it, but I think I owe you lunch :)  I'll have to share that story another day. 


My house by Patricia Van Esshe

4 comments:

Kate and Geoff said...

oh i love it! just LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

So amazing! What an incredible gift for you and your family. Congrats!

cotedetexas said...

Awwwwww. i LOVE this!!!!!!! I didn't realize your older boys were twins! lucky you.
Joni

pve design said...

You know my twin boys are 17 and I love knowing that.
It was a pleasure to capture your home for you!
Enjoy all the memories you create there.
pve