Tuesday, January 12, 2010

a TV with a kid problem

When the twins were little, I used to say how glad I was that they didn't have any interest in watching TV. This was because I didn't know what it was like to have a kid that would sit in front of the TV for extended periods of time. It's a double edged sword this whole TV thing. It's a babysitter of sorts. I now know what it's like to have a child that will watch TV for as long as it takes me to get ready for work, blog, clean the house or just read a magazine. I really like it. It also makes me feel so incredibly guilty. Nolan's poison, UP. Disney Pixar is genious for making that movie.  The twins like TV now, too.  Hudson doesn't love it like Garrett.  Garrett it addicted.  Nolan watches UP standing up.  He usually refuses to sit down.  We've tried a lot of different things but he just stands at the ottoman and watches...... for very long periods of time.  There have only been a few times that he sat down to watch.


The magic evening that I brought it home.


Hudson stopped by to watch for a bit.  He brought wrapping paper tubes.  He spent all of his Christmas break in these pajamas.


Does this mean that he is perfecting his "standing at the bar" move?


He was on his way out of the living room when a particular scene came on.  He just sat for a bit to watch. 


I had cinnamon honey butter on a bagel so he humored me and came to sit for a bit.


I guess his legs just gave out.  It's tough to stand for so long.  Not sure how he lost his one house shoe. 

No comments: