Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas program

Yesterday, the twins had their first ever Christmas program at school.  It was a hoot!!!!!
We were very lucky that we hadn't set our expectations too high.  We knew that Hudson would resist getting on stage since Mark was in attendance.  Garrett was 50/50.  Some parents were really ticked off at their kids for refusing to get up on stage - a bit sad.

The school arranged for breakfast and invited as many family members as we wanted.  We brought Nana.  Some kids had A LOT of their family in attendance.  It was really nice to see the twins so excited to see their teachers.



After some breakfast tacos, the kids were asked to head up to the stage.  For those of you not from Texas, they aren't really tacos.  It's scrambled egg mixed with either beans, bacon, potatoes, or sausage wrapped in a flour tortilla.  I don't care for them but apparently Garrett does.  The kid ate two, all by himself. 


Hudson refused to get up there so Mark and Nana sat on the floor with him.  Garrett cried at first but stopped once Miss Amy sat down next to him.  It was so sweet to see her wipe the tears off of his face.  He speaks so highly of her at home.  I think she likes him, too.



It appears that Nana knew what was going on.  Mark kept trying to get pictures of Garrett on his phone to send out.  Hudson never moved from his lap.  At least they weren't the only parents on the floor with their kids.  This little guy in the red sweater doesn't look happy at all !


Nolan and I hung out at the back of the room.  He was great as usual.  After all of the singing was over, the twins handed us ornaments that they had made at the local ceramics place.  They are beautiful - i'll get a picture ;)  Nolan walked around a bit but wouldn't let anyone hold him.  Miss Amy tried again (she tries every day to see if he will go to her) but no luck. 

The twins teachers had such nice things to say about them.  They complimented their good manners which made my heart jump for joy.  Another mother also said how nice they are at school.  I am so glad to hear this because they can be so crazy at home.  I wonder often if they are as mean to each other at school as they are at home.  Apparently, not.  I can't say enough how much I love the twins' preschool.  Everyone seems so happy to be there and the teachers seem to really love the kids.  I hope that kindergarten is as great of an experience as preschool has been. 
The boys came home early for the Christmas break.  It really feels like Christmas now.  There is a lot of talk about Santa.  Both boys want swords.  Not sure where that came from but, okay.  Garrett is so excited when Christmas specials come on TV and every night when the lights come on that Mark put up.  I can't wait for Christmas morning!!!!

No comments: