Thursday, June 25, 2009

decisions

Mark and I agreed, last night, that we should take the house off the market. There are a lot of reasons that we want to move - more space, more space and oh, some more space. Financially it makes sense as well. Get into a house that we plan on staying in for a really long time and pay it off before the boys go to college. Our current house is just so small. But..... we love it. It's the house we brought our children home to. It's the house we bought right before we got married. It is where we had so many of our "firsts". It needs some work - who doesn't. I've been telling Mark over the last few days, that there seems to be a lot of signs thrown at me that tell me to just sit tight. Telling me that we are okay where we are and that the space isn't so small after all. The yard is everything we could want in a property. The garage, now painted and the storage area redone, is so cute. The new trees add a lot of charm. We can rearrange and make it more efficient and maybe, someday, add on. Or not.
I didn't use to be so hesitant about big decisions. Maybe that's because when I was single and only responsible for myself, the decisions weren't really that "big". I think through things A LOT. I agonize over our big decisions. Luckily, we always come to the same place with our decisions and make the right ones for us. Do we have another child? Yes. He's wonderful. When I was single, my big decisions revolved more around trying not to continue to make such stupid decisions and less about making changes to put my life in the right direction. Now my choices are only about making the right decision on how things should play out. I've got kids that count on me.
So, for now, our right decision is to sit tight. One day we will have a house that makes us feel like we aren't all living in one big room. But really, how lucky are we?! We all get to participate in the daily chores of life, together. In one room. We get to see all of the funny little things that the boys do and we hear their conversations and laughter.

1 comment:

Kate and Geoff said...

Ariel...It's Kate (Schwabe) Boka. FOund your blog from your comment on Tara (Piazze) Weatherwax's. Fun! Can't wait to read all about your life.

And FYI, I am slow to make decisions and really think things through too - even about the small things...not sure what that means for me when the bigger ones about houses and kids come around....

i'll just be used to it by then.

good to find this blog. Ours is http://www.kateplusgeoff.blogspot.com.

i'm off to read more about your life!