Wednesday, April 1, 2009

dinner time

Our boys love to eat. They eat everything and we find so much joy in family dinners. I get to make whatever I want and, usually, the boys will thank me for making a good dinner. In preparation for preschool we have started saying Grace before dinner (they'll be attending a Christian preschool in the fall). We should have been doing this all along - better late than never. We all fold our hands and say, "Thank you God for our food and for our family. Amen." I thought that we should start out simple and make is easy for the boys to understand. They are really good at it. Throughout the meal, they will both stop eating and ask to do it again. Garrett often just repeats the prayer over and over - I think he likes the "Amen" part the best.

Tonight, however, we will be praying for Stellan. The boys are aware of hospitals and the seriousness that happens within their walls. They also know that they and their brother spent some time in the hospital when they were born. For now, they think that people come out healed and okay. I'd like to keep it that way for a long time. I also want them to learn that it's ok to know about people that are sick and that need our prayers and thoughts. It's deep for a 2 1/2 year old but I really think they'll get it. We may just travel to the Alamo this weekend to send Stellan a picture to let him know that he made it all the way to Texas.

No comments: