For being so ready for the kids to go back to school, I have to say that I didn't feel very prepared when the day finally arrived. The morning arrived and Mark and I set out to get ready, get the kids lunches made and get them ready. We all ate breakfast and then realized that we still had a lot of time before we had to leave. I kept thinking that I had forgotten to pack something in their bags or that I forgot to prepare something for the first day. I just felt that the day had snuck up on me and I wasn't ready. The kids were excited and nervous.
Mandatory first day pictures were quick and fairly painless.
This picture is a pretty good depiction of their personalities. Garrett is mild mannered and always accommodating for a picture. Nolan is cheeky and dancing to beat of his own drum. Hudson is always asking, "Are you kidding me." He is not in to having his picture taken.
There may have been some threatening words from mom and dad to get this picture.
I sure do love all these boys!!!!!
*
When I got home from dropping them off, I sat on the couch for a few minutes and didn't know what to do with myself. I certainly had plenty of work to do but it had been so long since i'd had complete quiet in my home that I wasn't sure what to do with it. I worked all day that first day they were in school and was so happy to see them when I picked them up. They looked exhausted and came home and vegged out for the afternoon. They said that school was fine and they liked their teachers but there wasn't any detail. They all agreed that lunch was the best part of the day.
There hasn't been any trouble getting them to sleep each night and they are all asleep by 7:30. I think i'm going to love this year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment