Tuesday, February 1, 2011

yesterday

Yesterday was one of those days that I wish would repeat itself more often.  The day flowed from home to school to work and back to school.  Once home, time just eased along.  The kids played outside - it was almost 80 degrees - I got some work done and then started dinner.  We had only a few mini melt downs.  My favorite being this one:

Garrett coming in the door crying - "Hudson left a man behind.  We never leave a man behind.  It's not fair!"
Hudson - "Life's not fair, Garrett."
I never said a word :) 

As for dinner - YU UM.  Potato pancakes and rice & veggie casserole.  The potato pancakes were such a hit that I think i'll do them again soon.  The casserole didn't hold as much interest.  After dinner, the kids played out side some more and then asked me to turn on the music so they could dance.  At some point, Garrett noticed that the sun was setting and came in and asked if I wanted to get a chair and a drink and watch it with him.  YES PLEASE!  ** He gets it... really gets it. 
Lacie ran away again so that threw things off a bit but she was quickly found and we resumed our dance party. 
Mark was late but we had plenty of time to get things in order ahead of the storm. 

We let the kids stay up late and they were so happy.  They went straight to bed and I followed soon after. 

I will take a few more days like that, please.

No comments: