Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin Patch 2009

This year, we set out for the pumpkin patch with high hopes for some great photos. Unfortunately, I learned that the only thing harder than trying to get two children to smile for the camera at the same time, is trying to get three to do it. Nana and I took the boys while we had a sunny afternoon. It's been raining so much, we thought we'd better go while we had a chance. The ground was nice and soggy and all the pumpkins had mud on them. The boys didn't care, though.

















This is one of my favorite photos.
There were so many people there that the boys had a tough time concentrating on getting their pictures taken. I had to put Nolan in the backpack to keep him from putting all sorts of nasty stuff in his mouth. Hudson and Garrett ran around screaming like they'd never been outside before. It was just a little bit embarrassing. We got a few good shots but mostly, Nana and I left frustrated with the whole thing. Maybe we will try again... probably not. We are hoping that the rain stops (yes, you read that correctly. I am now praying for the rain to stop. We are floating away.) so that we can have some time to carve our pumpkin. I've also got high hopes for this year's Halloween costumes. With cooler temps we have many more options :)

1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

Fantastic shots of you and your boys!! Looks like y'all are having the most fun ever!!