Wednesday, May 27, 2009

surprise

The back story........

Our lives have been a bit hectic lately. There is a lot going on and it seems hard to manage. Mark's car died.... in the driveway. We towed it to the dealership and were informed that it would cost more than the car was worth to fix it. So, we sold it and went to get another one. One with a car payment - not great. Not great because when you are on the verge of selling your house and will be looking to get another mortgage soon and the banks don't like to see that kind of activity on your credit. Not great because there goes a few hundred dollars that you sort of don't have anyway. Life happens. I'm over it.

Well...... we are getting the garage painted so that we might lure someone to our house that will buy it. It was pressure washed the day before Mark's car died and has been sitting there, all sorts of ugly, most likely repelling anyone from wanting to look at our house. The storage shed attached to it, apparently, leaks and had mold. Mark ripped out all the sheet rock and was in the process of putting it back together when the painters showed up to pressure wash. The contents of the storage room are on the back porch. The day after the pressure washing, it rained. So much so that everything flooded and some of the stuff on the porch was ruined and the shed still isn't finished and the painters still aren't back and now I have a freaking car payment that I didn't want!!!!

The night that we signed the papers for our freaking car payment, we arrived home to find that an enormous tree had fallen into the garden. Mark had stopped by the grocery store so I got home first. The boys and I were surveying the damage when the dog started barking and jumping in the mountain laurel. She would stop and start and stop and start. We just ignored her - she is crazy anyway. Mark got home and was trying to unload the groceries and survey the tree when we heard Garrett make the most horrific noise. We ran out to find him running towards us in the driveway, crying and waving his arms. Mark got to him first and picked him up. I was trying to find a place to put Nolan down when Mark walked in with blood all over his face. He turned Garrett around and all I saw was blood covering the back of his head. We cleaned him up and quickly realized that it wasn't as bad as we thought. We crazy glued the cut and bandaged up his elbow. Turns out, he was trying to get some groceries out of the back of that freaking car we are now paying for and fell backwards onto the gravel driveway. I have never seen my husband look that scared before. I hope it never happens again.

While all of this was happening, Hudson and the neighbors (the neighbors came out because we had created a loud enough scene to warrant some help) were trying to get the dog to stop barking at the Mountain Laurel. She was now almost up into the tree. We came out and found that we have some new guests.





I created a barrier of lawn chairs around the tree so that Lacie can't get them. The Laurel is right off of our back porch so we can hear the little baby birds chirping.
Garrett is fine. He promises never to climb in that car again.
Mark loves his new car despite the payment and that Garrett fell out of it.

No comments: