Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"The Last Lecture"

I was truly moved by Randy Pausch's The Last Lecture. So moved that I cried for several days. I have been working very hard to take the lessons he taught and make them real in my life. With work and children and bills and stress, it has become so easy to lose sight of the things that truly make us happy. Since his death, last Friday, I find myself reflecting in the lecture again.
My house is rarely in the state that I would like but I know that my children are happy amounst the toys and tupperware. The carpet will always need to be vacuumed and there will always be laundry to do.
I have a husband that loves me and loves his family. He is a gentle, kind person that is patient and giving. My kids are spectacular. I mean this. They are funny and smart despite being so busy that it makes my head spin. They are generous and gentle little men that, I pray, grow up to be just like their father. My house is small.... really small but our yard is enormous. My kids play outside instead of in a play room. I have great friends that, I hope, think of me the same way. I have been blessed with a rich life, full of interesting people and places. I pray that my children will look at their lives as rich with experience and not with money. I pray for patience and acceptance of others.
Thank you Randy Pausch for your generosity of time when you knew you had so little left.

No comments: